Wednesday, November 30, 2005

  • Main Page
  • March of the Knitting Projects

    Here I present the March of the Knitting Projects:

    Holiday Knitting:

    1. Yesterday we met the Norwegian Roses Cardigan from the Green Mountain Spinnery. This is knit in the Spinnery's own Mountain Mohair on US 7 circular needles.
    2. Toasty Toes socks. These are knit in Yarn for Sox that I found in a sale bin with contrasting cuff, heels, and toes in what I call my Canadian yarn - yarn from MacAusland's Woolen Mill on PEI.
    3. A hat. This is to be an adaptation of a baby hat I made with a heart in the middle, per request. I am making it in wool (brown Yarn for Sox and red Spinnery Yarn Over) rather than cotton, and I think the colors are just a tad more sophisticated than the original pink and yellow. Clearly, not far along.
    4. Christmas ornmaents from KnitPicks, but this is getting lower and lower on the list, as I don't think I'll have time.
    5. Leaf lace scarf. Pattern from an old Vogue Knitting that I copied at the library a while back. This is in a fingering weight hand-dyed cashmere/silk blend from School Products. Nicely done, only a very few brown or white spots. Beautiful to work with, but slow going on US 2s in a pattern that takes a little getting into.

    Non-Holiday Knitting:

    1. Canal du Midi socks from Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road (all-time favorite sock pattern book), knit on US 1s in some Norwegian brand of 100% superwash Merino sockyarn. Delightfully soft, but a number of breaks in the yarn.
    2. Ene's scarf from Scarf Style- do you really need a photo of two balls of yarn and a pair of 40-in Addis still in their envelope? Depressing, isn't it?
    3. Pillowcase edgings in a grass-green Paton's Grace. Cute. Maybe a wedding gift.
    4. Staghorn cable socks in "Crazy Lady" Mountain Colors 4/8 Weavers' Wool Quarters. US3s, I think. But I'm only at the ribbing.
    5. A mistake stitch rib scarf in my last skein of Lion Brand Homespun. I bought oodles of this yarn when I first started knitting, discovered wool, and have been trying to use it all up. This will go in the gift stash for an unknown recipient.
    6. Another pair of Toasty Toes socks for me. These are the cuffs for the first attempt at my uncle's socks. Expect them to sit for a very long time.
    7. A cables and lace sweater from Vogue Knitting Winter'05 in Classic Elite Inca Alpaca. Most of it got frogged when I discovered some mistakes in the chart. This is the major project on tap for January. Details to follow.
    8. A cables and lace shell in Reynolds Saucy. Put on hold until warmer weather.
    That's the list. Here's hoping it keeps me honest. I'll update the sidebar soon. Today's project was setting up Photobucket and Flickr, which was mostly successful. Can you tell?

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home