Monday, November 28, 2005

  • Main Page
  • On Giving

    I am not a complete technophobe but the world of digital cameras is as new to me as the world of blogging. I think I finally figured out how to get some pictures up here. (Note, I didn't promise it would be in focus.) Expect slow but steady progress on the blog; I have a schedule.

    That would be my box o' socks. The box (more on that at a later date) is a lovely collaged gift from a friend (who may want to note just how overflowing this poor, belaugered, and overworked box is). The socks are (a part) of my collection of handknit socks. Which brings me to two points:

    1. Why do I keep knitting more socks for myself?
    Ah, the mysteries of the universe are deep and wide.

    2. Why am I showing you all my old socks? Granted, they're prettier than most old socks, but 'tis the season, et cetera . . .
    Follow the link. A quilt out of old socks? Fascinating, she said drolly.

    How do you blog about knitted gifts when the people for whom those gifts are intended may very well see each row in progress?

    I would love to tell you about this very-recently-completed work of art:

    but even with just the name of the shawl (Evelyn Clark Fiber Trends pattern) the non-knitter recipient would instantly know it was for her. And the knitters would be even worse. You know how tricky those knitters are . . .

    6 Comments:

    Blogger Cate said...

    welcome to the blog-o-sphere! the shawl is lovely! one of these days I'll venture from the utterly utilitarin socks, hats, scarves and try some lacework... FWIW- I get the box o socks!

    11/28/2005 1:16 PM  
    Blogger Anneliese Kelly said...

    I love the boxosocks. I love the blogosphere. I love knitting underway. I am centering my chakras to receive inspiration from my personal knitting guru. That's how it works, right?

    11/28/2005 2:12 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow, impressive box of sox! Just don't mention who the present is for.

    11/28/2005 2:17 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's why the gift blog I followed your link here from is great... you can post pics and details and get comments, and most of the people who you're likely to be gifting to won't ever see it :)

    11/28/2005 4:42 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Easy way to post pics of gifts:

    Post a picture of wrapping paper or a box with a bow, something like that. Write up html code so that when you click on the picture it links to a pic of the actual item. Just put up a notice that by clicking on the box, the recepient will be spoiling their suprise, guilt the hell out of them.

    As for not stealing bandwidth, upload pictures into a photobucket account (or something similar) and then link to the pic in photobucket.

    11/29/2005 1:41 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow, that's quite a box of socks! One day I hope to have as many.

    12/03/2005 10:09 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home